After confirming that Mississippi casinos will be allowed to open their doors next Thursday, the Mississippi Gaming Commission has now issued the guidelines that they must follow.
A letter sent to all of the state’s casinos outlines specific steps that must be taken to limit the potential spread of COVID-19 through the use of social distancing techniques and additional sanitation practices.
In addition to specialized instructions for table games, slots, food service and other areas of operation, general guidelines will be in place including facilities being limited to no more than 50% occupancy.
Entry points will also be limited and guests & employees will be asked screening questions upon entry.
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
*Staff members will also have their temperature taken and they will be required to wear masks or other “appropriate PPE based on their duties” while working.
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you will not be allowed to enter. Guests will also be “encouraged to wear a mask” while on the property and will be asked to use hand sanitizer during their initial screening.
All “high-frequency touch-points and guest-facing counters” must be sanitized every two hours.
While there are a significant number of guidelines for each individual area, here are a few significant ones you need to be aware of.
- Three chair maximum
- Chairs & rails must be sanitized when each guest leaves
- Dice must be sanitized for each new shooter
- Poker rooms will remain closed
- Hand sanitizer available in table game pit areas
- Machines will be moved/turned off to ensure six feet of separation
- Machines sanitized every four hours
- Social distancing
- Seats, booths sanitized after guest leaves
- Ticket counter sanitized once per hour
Food & Beverage:
- Stations, carts, counters, trays must be sanitized at least once per hour
- Beverages can be offered to guests on the floor
Room Service/Housekeeping offered at check-out only (or upon request by guest)
For the full list of guidelines, click here.
Mississippi’s casinos have been closed since mid-March. According to the Mississippi Department of Revenue, gaming accounts for $4.5 million of the state’s revenue each week.
The post Gaming Commission releases guidelines for reopening Mississippi casinos appeared first on News Mississippi.