16 members of the stateís Senate Democratic Caucus†announced†their support for Joe Biden for U.S. President.
The members include:
- State Senator Juan Barnett- Forrest, Jasper, and Jones Counties
- State Senator Barbara Blackmon- Attala, Holmes, Leake, Madison, and Yazoo Counties
- State Senator David Blount- Hinds County
- State Senator Hob Bryan- Itawamba, Lee, and Monroe Counties
- State Senator Albert Butler- Claiborne, Copiah, Hinds, and Jefferson Counties
- State Senator Angela Ford-Turner- Clay, Lowndes, Noxubee, and Oktibbeha Counties
- State Senator John Horhn- Hinds and Madison Counties
- State Senator Hillman T. Frazier- Hinds County
- State Senator Robert L. Jackson- Coahoma, Panola, Quitman, and Tunica Counties
- State Senator Sampson Jackson, III- Kemper, Lauderdale, Noxubee, and Winston Counties
- State Senator David L. Jordan- Grenada, Holmes, Humphreys, Leflore, and †Tallahatchie Counties
- State Senator Sollie B. Norwood- Hinds County
- State Senator Derrick T. Simmons- Bolivar, Coahoma, and Washington Counties
- State Senator Sarita Simmons- Bolivar, Sunflower and Tallahatchie Counties
- State Senator Joseph C. Thomas, Sr.-Madison, Yazoo, Sharkey, Humphreys, Sunflower, and Washington Counties
- State Senator Tammy Witherspoon- Adams, Amite, Pike, Walthall, and Wilkinson Counties
The senators join Mississippi Congressman Bennie Thompson who announced his endorsement of Biden on Thursday.
Thompson said, ďJoe Biden has spent his whole life serving something bigger than himself. †He has fought beside us in every fight that matters. Our country is in dire need of moral leadership that can end todayís division and hate and bring our country together. Joe has shown that he has character and unmatched skills to lead us and get things done.”
Mississippiís primary election will be held Tuesday, March 10th.
The post Mississippiís Senate Democratic Caucus endorses Joe Biden appeared first on News Mississippi.